How to Apply
YISS is excited about your interest in joining our community here in Seoul. Applications are now being accepted for the 2017-2018 school year, and the steps here will inform you about how to apply.
Documents must be uploaded as PDFs and applicant photo must be uploaded as PNG or JPG. All documents must be provided electronically via the online application.
- Passport Title Pages
- Birth Certificate of Applicant
- Digital Photo of Applicant (passport sized, high quality, applicant only)
- Transcripts or Report Cards
- Grades K-1: Please provide all available school documentation.
- Grades 2-12: Please provide school documentation for the current school year plus the 2 previous school years. The documents should be in English or officially translated into English.
- Home School Information Form
Required for applicants who are currently in homeschool.
- IEP/504 or Other Specialized Education Document
Required for applicants with a learning, emotional, or physical impairment that would require extra support.
- Email Address(es) of Current Teacher(s) for Recommendation Request(s)
YISS will send an electronic recommendation form directly to the teacher's email address. Families do not need to request recommendations from their current school.
- Grades K-5: 1 Homeroom Teacher
- Grades 6-12: 1 English Teacher and 1 Math Teacher
- Standardized Test Scores
- Grades K-4: Applicant may need to complete on-campus testing at YISS if test results are not available. There are no off-campus testing options for K-4.
- Grades 5-12: Applicant is required to submit recent (within 1 year) standardized test scores. Off-campus testing centers are available.
Standardized Test Scores accepted include Stanford (SAT), MAP, TerraNova, ERB, ISEE,
OLSAT, SSAT, PSAT, SAT, ITBS, STAR, and US State Standardized Tests.
Read more in the Admissions Testing FAQ.
- Unofficial digital copies of school records must be uploaded via the online application. Email of unofficial school records is not accepted.
- Official school records may be emailed directly only by the current school to email@example.com.
- All documentation will be verified with the appropriate agencies and organizations prior to acceptance.
- Be sure you select the correct year when applying. Applications cannot be processed or transferred from one year to another, and you will have to start over if the incorrect year is selected.
- All documents must be received to complete and process the application. After the application is submitted, you will no longer be able to make changes or upload new documents.
- If you have difficulty with the online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before final submission of the application.
Testing & Interview: Applicants who do not submit a test score with the application will be contacted to schedule an interview and/or test if deemed necessary. Applicants who sit for an interview or test will be charged a non-refundable Application Processing Fee of ₩500,000 whether or not the applicant is accepted.
- Most applicants entering grades 5-12 will be required to submit a test taken off-site.
- Most applicants entering kindergarten and grade 1 will be required to have an informal interview and assessment prior to acceptance.