How to Apply
YISS is excited about your interest in joining our community here in Seoul. Applications are currently being accepted for the 2018-2019 school year, and the steps here will inform you about how to apply. Applications for 2019-2020 will be accepted starting February 1, 2019.
Documents must be uploaded as PDFs, and applicant photo must be uploaded as PNG or JPG. All documents must be provided electronically via the online application.
- Passport Title Pages
- Birth Certificate of Applicant
- Digital Photo of Applicant (passport-sized, high quality, applicant only)
- Transcripts or Report Cards (The documents should be in English or officially translated into English.)
- K-1st Grade: Please provide all available school documentation.
- 2nd-12th Grade: Please provide school documentation for the current school year plus the two previous school years.
- IEP/504 or Other Specialized Education Document
Required for applicants with a learning, emotional, or physical impairment that would require extra support.
- Email Address(es) of Current Teacher(s) for Recommendation Request(s)
YISS will send an electronic recommendation form directly to the teacher's email address. Families do not need to request recommendations from their current school.
- K-5th Grade: 1 Homeroom Teacher
- 6th-12th Grade: 1 English Teacher and 1 Math Teacher
- Standardized Test Scores
- K-3rd Grade: Applicant may need to complete on-campus testing at YISS if test results are not available or if during the admission process deemed necessary.
- 4th-12th Grade: Applicant is required to submit recent (within 1 year) standardized test scores. Applicants who do not have standardized test scores are encouraged to take the ISEE using registration code 682450.
Read more in the Admissions Testing FAQ.
- Unofficial copies of school records must be uploaded via the online application by the applicant.
- Official school records must be uploaded via the online application by a school official.
- Records will not be accepted via email.
- All documentation will be verified with the appropriate agencies and organizations prior to acceptance.
- Be sure you select the correct year when applying. Applications cannot be processed or transferred from one year to another, and you will have to start over if the incorrect year is selected.
- All documents must be received to complete and process the application. After the application is submitted, you will no longer be able to make changes or upload new documents.
- If you have difficulty with the online application, please message us via the online application platform before final submission of the application.
Testing & Interview: Applicants who do not submit a test score with the application will be contacted to schedule an interview and/or test if deemed necessary. Applicants who sit for an interview or test will be charged a non-refundable Application Processing Fee of ₩500,000 whether or not the applicant is accepted.
- Most applicants entering 4th-12th grade will be required to submit a test taken off-site.
- Most applicants entering kindergarten and 1st grade will be required to have an informal interview and assessment prior to acceptance.
- If English is not the applicant's native language or applicant has not had schooling in the English language, applicant may be asked to take an English Language Proficiency test.
YISS does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, or national origin but does strictly adhere to the laws and regulations governing the operation of international schools in the Republic of Korea and reserves the right to administer selective enrollment when deemed necessary, proper, and in the best interest of the school.