How to Apply
YISS is excited about your interest in joining our community here in Seoul. Applications are currently being accepted for the 2020-21 school year, and the steps here will inform you about how to apply. Please note if your child was placed in the wait pool for the 2019-20 school year, you will need to email or call the Admissions Office to let them know you wish to re-apply.
- Be sure you select the correct year when applying. Applications cannot be processed or transferred from one year to another, and you will have to start over if the incorrect year is selected.
- All documents must be received to complete and process the application. After the application is submitted, you will no longer be able to make changes or upload new documents.
- If you have difficulty with the online application, please message us via the online application platform before final submission of the application.
Testing & Interview: Applicants who do not submit a test score with the application will be contacted to schedule an interview and/or test if deemed necessary. Applicants who sit for an interview or test will be charged a non-refundable Application Processing Fee of ₩500,000 whether or not the applicant is accepted.
- Most applicants entering 4th-12th grade will be required to submit a test taken off-site.
- Most applicants entering kindergarten and 1st grade will be required to have an informal interview and assessment prior to acceptance.
- If English is not the applicant's native language or applicant has not had schooling in the English language, applicant may be asked to take an English Language Proficiency test.
YISS does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, or national origin but does strictly adhere to the laws and regulations governing the operation of international schools in the Republic of Korea and reserves the right to administer selective enrollment when deemed necessary, proper, and in the best interest of the school.