YISS enjoys a prime location in the heart of the city. Though convenient, our location limits the campus to a single gate and lacks sufficient parking. These limitations are felt most directly during morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up.
During spring break, YISS modified the sidewalks along the driveway to the outdoor parking area and under the new ES wing to create 20 more parking spaces. School administration and security staff hope that this will have a positive effect on after school pick-up and will continue to examine ways to make drop-off/pick-up as efficient and safe as possible.
Below is information to help parents/drivers navigate on-campus traffic.
- On-campus traffic is heaviest between 7:30-7:45 a.m.
If possible, please avoid this time or plan for the additional time needed.
- Please be courteous of other drivers and do NOT cut into the lane of waiting cars after the bus stop
. Nearly every car entering the campus is also a parent/driver who seeks to drop off their child on time.
- When dropping-off your child at the street level, please make sure that where you stop does NOT impede the flow of vehicles exiting or entering
the school's driveway. Find a safe place at least 20 m past the driveway.
- ES parents are encouraged to drop-off their child at the B1 parking level where ES students gather before school begins.
- Please do NOT make an illegal left turn into YISS from Itaewon.
- Always use your turn signal when waiting to enter. It helps staff know how to direct your vehicle.
- Please follow the instructions of our parking attendants. They are there to move the traffic as quickly as possible.
- On-campus parking is limited.
Please arrive early to park in a designated space if you need to exit your vehicle. The last parking space is typically filled about 2:40 p.m.
- You must remain in your vehicle if you are not in a marked parking space.
Spaces become available when cars begin exiting from the underground parking lot starting at 3:05 p.m.
- Buses begin exiting at 3:18 p.m.
Cars are not permitted to exit from 3:16-3:23 p.m. in order to allow all 23 buses to leave as quickly as possible.
- Parents/drivers who pick-up MS/HS students are encouraged to come after 3:25 p.m.
Traffic after 3:25 p.m. is considerably less.
- Designated pick-up areas.
ES students will remain in their designated pick-up area with a staff member until their guardian arrives. After 3:15 p.m., staff members will take students to the ES Office where they are supervised until their guardian arrives.
- No need to exit your vehicle if you are picking up your child inside the B1 parking area.
ES students whose parents have notified the ES Office will be escorted down to the B1 parking area by a staff member to wait for pick-up.
- The left turn traffic signal is extended during morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up times, but not on 11:30 a.m. early release days.
- There is a break between after school activities at the beginning of each quarter. Afternoon pick-up traffic is heavier during this interval.
- Only cars with a handicapped seal may park in handicapped parking spaces.
Questions or concerns? Please email the Security Department