Careers & Employment
We are excited about your interest in working at Yongsan International School of Seoul, a community of students, parents, and Christian educators.
Our mission is to instill in each student a passion for truth, a commitment to excellence, and an appreciation for diversity. We offer a K-12 U.S.-based curriculum designed to nurture the attitudes, knowledge, and skills of the whole child.
YISS seeks to employ experienced Christian educators who are eager to fulfill our mission and have a passion for living out their faith in an international school context as we serve the nearly 1000 students and families represented. YISS teachers are what make YISS such a great place for students to grow both spiritually and academically.
We greatly value the diversity in our students, and as such, value diversity in our faculty and staff positions at YISS. Our current staff hails from all over the world, though most have been educated in the United States and Canada.
YISS is a member of the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS). All applicants for YISS must apply through NICS. If you are interested in applying for a position at YISS:
- Learn about the Christian aspect of our school through the NICS Mission and Purpose Statement.
- Review our Current Openings.
- To formally apply, ensure you meet these minimum teaching requirements:
- A degree and valid teaching credential in your subject area
- Two years of successful teaching experience in a western school setting, at the specific grade level or subject area of our vacancy
- A personal Christian faith
- Familiarity with current teaching materials and methodologies, as well as evidence of recent professional development
- Register and complete an Online Application through NICS. The application, including your résumé and faith statement, allows our administrators to identify qualified candidates for openings at the school.
- Indicate on the application that Seoul is your first priority for placement.
- After completing the Online Application on the NICS website, please send an email to email@example.com, with your résumé attached, indicating your application has been submitted.
- All candidates approved with NICS and recommended by YISS administration will be contacted to schedule a formal interview.
- Interviews may be in-person, at a recruiting fair, or by video conference.
YISS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, and disability and strictly adheres to the laws and regulations governing the operation of international schools in the Republic of Korea.