Careers & Employment
We are excited about your interest in working at Yongsan International School of Seoul, a community of students, parents, and Christian educators.
In an effort to encourage self-reflection and self-improvement, YISS teachers and administrators are asked to set yearly professional goals and are supported with various professional development opportunities. Forms of professional development include:
- Mentor teachers for new teachers
- A rotation of faculty meetings
- In-service days
- Professional development & continuing education funds for conferences, workshops, courses, etc.
- Digital citizenship and Google Educator courses
YISS is a member of the Network of International Christian Schools (NICS). All applicants for YISS must apply through NICS. If you are interested in applying for a position at YISS:
- Learn about the Christian aspect of our school through the NICS Mission and Purpose Statement.
- Review our Current Openings.
- To formally apply, ensure you meet these minimum teaching requirements:
- A degree and valid teaching credential in your subject area
- Two years of successful teaching experience in a western school setting, at the specific grade level or subject area of our vacancy
- A personal Christian faith
- Familiarity with current teaching materials and methodologies, as well as evidence of recent professional development
- Register and complete an Online Application through NICS. The application, including your résumé and faith statement, allows our administrators to identify qualified candidates for openings at the school.
- Indicate on the application that Seoul is your first priority for placement.
- After completing the Online Application on the NICS website, please send an email to email@example.com, with your résumé attached, indicating your application has been submitted.
- All candidates approved with NICS and recommended by YISS administration will be contacted to schedule a formal interview.
- Interviews may be in-person, at a job fair, or by video conference.
YISS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, and disability and strictly adheres to the laws and regulations governing the operation of international schools in the Republic of Korea.
YISS administrators attend the following job fairs to meet with candidates for our available positions:
- Search Associates - Bangkok, Thailand: November 17-19, 2017
- International School Services (ISS) - Atlanta, GA: December 3-5, 2017
- International School Services (ISS) - Bangkok, Thailand: January 5 -8, 2018
- Search Associates - Bangkok, Thailand: January 8-11, 2018
- Search Associates - Hong Kong: January 12-14, 2018
- Search Associates - Cambridge, MA: January 25 -28, 2018
- University of Northern Iowa (UNI) Overseas Recruiting Fair - Cedar Falls, Iowa: February 2-4, 2018
- Network of International Christian Schools (NICS) Job Fair - Southaven, MS: February 24, 2018