How to apply
APPLYING TO YISS
Please submit the following documents:
- Completed Admissions Application
- Photocopy of valid passport title page of applicant, father and mother
- Photocopy of applicant's birth certificate or Korean Family Registry (original required)
- Two recent passport photos of applicant
- Copy of transcript or report cards from current and last two school years (must be in English or officially translated)
- Copy of recent standardized test results (if available)
- Teacher recommendation
- Recommendation Form (K - Grade 1)
- Recommendation Form (Grade 2 - Grade 12)
- Math Recommendation Form (Grade 7 - 12)
- Eligibility documents – from one of the categories below:
- Parent (one or both) holds a non-Korean passport
- Original copy of Korean Family Registry (if parents are ethnically Korean)
- Copy of front and back of alien registration card or domestic residence card for parents (after arrival to Korea)
- Parents are Korean citizens or dual citizens (one being Korean)
- Certificate of the Facts Concerning the Entry and Exit for the applicant, issued by the Seoul Immigration Office (original required)
*Note: If applicant has dual citizenship, a Certificate for each passport is required.
- Transfer from an international school within Korea under past eligibility
- Official letter from current school stating that the applicant was enrolled and attending prior to February 6, 2009 and stating what eligibility was met upon enrollment
- Copy of eligibility document that met former requirement
All documents, except the Physician’s Examination and TB Screening Form, must be received in order to process the application.
SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTS
Applications and documents can be submitted to the admissions office by mail, fax, email or hand-delivered. It is requested that you gather as many of the documents as is possible and submit at one time to expedite the process.
Yongsan International School of Seoul
San 10-213, Hannam dong,
Seoul, South Korea 140-210
- Teacher recommendations are to be submitted directly from the teacher or the current school. They should not to be delivered directly by parents.
- Please include the applicant’s name, date of birth and grade level on all correspondence.
- There is no fee required to apply to YISS. The Application Processing Fee is due upon acceptance or at the time of interview or test.