| Library Hours
| Students: 7:50 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
| Parents: 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
The elementary library is a cozy and comfortable place where students can explore the world of reading! Furnished with fun and colorful furniture and vividly painted murals, the library is an exciting place that welcomes all to come and develop a love for reading.
All Kindergarten, 1st Grade and 2nd Grade classes visit the Media Center each week. During this time, students learn a new library skill and/or have a story that focuses on a theme or skill. Students have the opportunity to browse and select books for check out.
All 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade classes can visit the Media Center anytime during the school day with permission from their teacher. In addition, Media and Technology skills will be taught throughout the year that coordinate with subjects they are studying in other classes.
CHECK OUT POLICY
- Kindergarten: One or two books each week to keep for up to two weeks.
- Grade 1: One or two books each week for up to two weeks.
- Grade 2: Two books each week for up to two weeks.
- Grades 3-5: up to three books for up to two weeks.
- Parents may borrow up to 10 books, magazines, videos, CDs or DVDs for a period of two weeks.
- Any book may be renewed for an additional two weeks, unless there is a reserve on the book. The book(s) must be brought to the library in order to be renewed.
There are no fines for students in Grades K – 5. Students will learn to practice responsibility and return library books on their library day.
For parents, any library resource kept longer than the assigned checkout period, a fine of w300 per day per item accrues for up to ten days. The maximum total fine is w10,000. After 10 days, an item is considered lost, and the replacement cost of the book is charged. Patrons who lose or damage books beyond repair will be charged the replacement cost of the book.
(02) 797-5104, ext. 220
Ms. Amy DeGroat, Elementary Librarian
Ms. Hannah Suh, Library Assistant